Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Hi Everyone,

Wow, what a great session today--could easily have been a full day.  I guess my own Next Step is to choose which app/apps I'm going to explore and get comfortable with and have my students access.  I also am interested in learning more about e-portfolios.  I don't have much tech experience so I've never explored this but with some app training and ideas now, this also seems like a logical Next Step.  I wonder if some of you are of this mind set?

Question (I am a beginner tech person so apologies if this seems very basic):  Where do you find the "How To" information regarding all the uses of Google/Google+?  Clearly, our Board wants us to use this but I confess, I know nothing about it....maybe it's all on Blackboard and I've missed it?  Thanks in advance for guiding me the right way!!

Enjoy the rest of the summer!

Lisa
Phys Ed/Grade 4, St. Anne

3 comments:

  1. Hey Lisa!

    Here's the official Google + info. It shows you how to get started (setting up a profile) - which you may have already done.

    It also provides info about basic features like your profile, circles, hangouts etc (https://www.google.com/intl/en-US/+/learnmore/features.html)

    For all the cool 'others' like Youtube and Blogger, you can find out more here: https://www.google.com/intl/en-US/+/learnmore/better/

    I hope this helps!
    :)
    Megan

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Lisa,

    Thank you for taking the time and coming today. Lots to take in not only the how to of apps but housing all that info. If you are free this week we could have a Google Hangout and talk through the eportfolio process or we could meet at CEC to chat. You have little ones and let me know what works out best for you. I really don't mind!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Lisa and Rola,
    I would love to join your session on setting up ePortfolios if possible.
    Thanks,
    Jennifer

    ReplyDelete